How to fix the 0xc00000e9 error code in Windows 11
0xc00000e9 is an error code that Windows displays when you try to reset your PC’s boot order. The fix can vary depending on the type of computer and version of Windows, but here are some general steps you can follow if this issue comes up for
The “error code 0xc00000e9 windows 11” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released an article on how to fix the issue.
Loredana Harsana (Loredana Harsana)
Expert in Windows and Software
Loredana is a dedicated writer who is fascinated by computer software and technology. She began blogging about smartphones when the Samsung Galaxy S II was the most popular device on the market, and… Read more
- The Windows 11 error number 0xc00000e9 usually emerges when there is a hardware problem.
- Another reason for this problem is a configuration issue with the Windows Boot Manager.
- Checking the integrity of peripheral connections is a simple solution.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Users sometimes have issues with their PCs. The error number 0xc00000e9 has been generating difficulties on Windows 11 PCs for a long time. The Windows Boot Manager is to blame for this problem, which may occur during or after the starting procedure.
Furthermore, the 0xc00000e9 error number in Windows 11 seems to be linked to a possible hardware failure. That is the situation if the whole error message reads: There was a problem with a device connected to your PC, and an unexpected I/O error occurred Error code: 0xc00000e9.
Because this is a boot-related problem, your device may or may not show the login screen. Whatever is causing this issue on your computer, the procedures provided in this article should help you address it.
The purpose of today’s lesson is to explain why the 0xc00000e9 problem occurs, what causes it, and how to fix it on a Windows 11 machine. Keep up with us!
What is the reason of the 0x00000e9 boot BCD error?
If a computer or laptop fails to interact with its hard drive or disk, errors like the 0xc00000e9 error will appear. As previously stated, the problem is related to the Windows starting routine.
This error message may appear on your Windows 11 device for a number of reasons. Some of them have been discussed in more depth below:
System folders that have been corrupted; external hardware that has been damaged; faulty input or output ports; the existence of a virus or malware; Windows Update difficulties
Now that you’re aware of some of the reasons why you can encounter this problem, let’s look at the options available to you:
In Windows 11, how can I solve the 0xc00000e9 problem code?
1. Verify the hardware connection
The error number 0xc00000e9 will appear on your PC’s screen if any of the devices connected to your Windows 11 machine are not properly connected.
It’s a good idea to go over the system for any damaged ports or equipment that isn’t firmly connected. You may proceed to the following step of disconnecting everything by starting with the mouse, keyboard, speakers, displays, printer, and other peripheral devices.
You may also try other RAM, graphics card, and other internal components on your motherboard combinations to see if they make a difference or if they are the root of the issue.
2. Run an SFC scan in a hurry.
- To enter the Search bar, press Windows + S, then type cmd, then right-click on the most relevant result to execute it as an administrator.
- Press Enter after typing or pasting the following command: sfc /scannow sfc /scannow sfc /s
When you’ve finished waiting for the procedure to finish, restart your computer (which could take some time).
3. Install the latest system drivers
- To launch the Settings app, press the Windows key + I, then choose Update & Security from the left panel, followed by Advanced settings on the right.
- Click on Optional updates after scrolling down to the Additional choices section.
- Select all of the driver updates that are provided to you, then click the Download & Install button.
Despite the fact that Windows is responsible for most driver updates, if you have a problem, you may manually search for updates. We highly recommend doing automated scans for out-of-date drivers with a professional application like DriverFix.
4. Execute CHKDSK
- To activate the search feature, press Windows key + S, enter cmd, then right-click on the most relevant result to execute it as administrator.
- Type the following command and hit Enter when the Command Prompt appears: C: chkdsk /f /r /x
Check Disk is another option for looking for corrupt files. It takes longer to finish than an SFC scan since it is more comprehensive. Restart your computer after the procedure is finished to complete it.
5. Begin the startup repair process.
- To launch the Settings app, press the Windows key + I, then choose System from the left panel, followed by Recovery from the right.
- Next, next to Advanced Startup, select the Restart Now option.
- The Windows Recovery screen will now appear on your computer. From there, choose Troubleshoot.
- Then choose Advanced Options, then Startup Repair.
The subsequent phases will be handled automatically by your system, as well as the problem that arose during setup.
What can I do to maintain my hardware in good shape?
To begin, make a habit of cleaning and sanitizing your keyboard, laptop, and any other frequently used devices.
Cleaning your equipment with wipes is perfectly OK, but you should be careful about the wipes you use. Use electronic cleaning wipes that have been made specifically for this purpose to prevent inadvertently damaging your equipment.
Even the most careful among us will undoubtedly be confronted with a liquid spill at some time in their life. In this circumstance, quick action is critical: switch down your computer and unplug from the power supply as soon as the leak happens.
After that, start eliminating all of the excess liquid. It’s important to note that just because there’s no liquid visible on the top doesn’t imply it’s gone altogether.
Although we realize how tempting it is to work from the comfort of your own bed or sofa, we highly advise avoiding using your laptop on soft surfaces like mattresses, pillows, and other such objects.
Working on hard, well-ventilated surfaces is preferred than working on soft ones. If you place your smartphone on a soft surface, it may overheat, which is particularly harmful during video calls.
Restarting your computer on a regular basis is also a good idea. To keep your computer working properly, we suggest restarting it at least once a week. This assists in the deletion of stored data and the memory reset of your machine.
While we’re on the topic of memory management, ensure sure your laptop’s burden is manageable. To avoid harm, make sure your PC has a hardware diagnostic tool installed.
Learn how to solve the problem number 0xc00000e9 in Windows 10 in a few simple steps for more information and more possible remedies that are also relevant in Windows 11.
Alternatively, you may go through our collection of tutorials on resolving boot issues on Windows 10 and 11 PCs to discover more similar articles and solutions to the problem.
Let us know which approach works best for you and how well you maintain your gear in the comments area below. Thank you for taking the time to read this!
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix error code 0xc00000e9?
A: The error code 0xc00000e9 is a common Windows 10 crash. It can be caused by many different things. To fix the issue, go to your power options in the control panel and disable Fast Startup.
What causes error code 0xc00000e9?
A: This code can be caused by a number of different things, but most commonly it is the result of an issue with drivers or hardware. It may also be due to low memory on your device that could cause applications such as Beat Saber PS4 to crash.
How do you fix there was a problem with a device connected to your PC?
A: Unfortunately, there is not a single solution to this problem.