The 1990s were a great time to be a basketball fan. The NBA was experiencing a renaissance, with superstars like Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, and Shaquille O’Neal taking the game to new heights. And as the popularity of the sport grew, so did the collectability of the associated memorabilia.
One of the most coveted items for basketball fans of the era were the basketball cards. While there have been many expensive basketball cards released over the years, none quite compare to the prices fetched by some of the cards from the 1990s.
Most expensive basketball cards from the 90s
- Topping the list is the Michael Jordan rookie card from 1986. This card has been known to sell for over $100,000.00. The popularity of Jordan and the Bulls was at its peak in the late 80s and early 90s, so it’s no surprise that this card is so sought after.
- Another iconic card from the era is the 1992 Upper Deck Kobe Bryant rookie card. This card has sold for over $25,000 in recent years. Like Jordan, Bryant was one of the biggest stars of his era and continues to be popular with collectors.
- One of the most interesting cards on the list is the 1990 Fleer Shaquille O’Neal rookie card. At the time of its release, O’Neal was one of the most hyped prospects in NBA history. The card has sold for over $10,000 in recent years.
- While it is not as expensive as some of the other cards on this list, the 1990 Upper Deck Michael Jordan card is still a valuable collector’s item. This card is the most common card on the list, with millions of copies in circulation.
However, because it is a Michael Jordan card, its value has remained high over the years.
In total, these cards have sold for over $175,000 in recent years. And as the popularity of basketball and these cards continue to grow, it is likely that their values will only continue to increase.
How do you determine the value of a vintage basketball card?
In order to determine the value of a vintage basketball card, there are a few things that you need to take into account.
- The first is the condition of the card. A card in excellent condition will be worth more than a card in poor condition.
- You also need to consider the rarity of the card. A card that is rare will be worth more than a card that is common.
- Finally, you need to consider the popularity of the player or team featured on the card. A card featuring a popular player or team will be worth more than a card with a less popular player or team.
So, if you are looking to sell a vintage basketball card, it is important to take all of these factors into account. By doing so, you will be able to get the best price for your card.
Are there any rare basketball cards that are even more valuable than those from the 90s era?
While the cards from the 1990s are some of the most expensive basketball cards ever released, they are not the only ones that are valuable. There are a few rare basketball cards that are even more valuable than those from the 90s era.
One of these is the 1957 Topps Rookie Card of Wilt Chamberlain. This card is extremely rare, with only a few copies in existence. It has sold for over $200,000 in recent years.
Another rare and valuable card is the 1969-70 Topps Lew Alcindor rookie card. This card is also very rare, with only a handful of copies in circulation. It has sold for over $100,000 in recent years.
As you can see, there are some very expensive basketball cards out there. If you are a collector, it is important to be aware of these cards and their values. By doing so, you can ensure that you have the most valuable collection possible.