A robust ecosystem is the lifeblood of Ark. Without any breeding, tamed dinos will not reproduce and population numbers will dwindle to nothing over time. This will affect everything from resource gathering to defense against other tribes. Understanding how breeding works in Ark will help you keep your tribe alive and thriving!
What is breeding in ark
Breeding in Ark is the process of mating two creatures together in order to create a baby creature. This can be done with almost any two creatures, regardless of their species. In Ark, you can breed a dimorphodon with a mammoth in order to produce a dimorphodon baby. A good example of breeding is taming both a dodo and an owl. A baby dodo will result from this process.
How to breed animals in ark
To breed animals in Ark, you first need to build a breeding pen. This is a structure that can be placed on any flat surface and will allow you to mate two creatures together. Once you have a breeding pen, simply place two compatible creatures inside it and they will automatically start breeding. This is a relatively quick process, with some exceptions.
Some creatures have gestation periods that last several hours while others can yield instant results. The larger the creature, the longer it will take to produce a baby from its parent. For example, it would generally only take 1–2 hours for a triceratops to lay an egg and have a baby, while it might take 8 hours for a bronto to lay and incubate its egg.
Mating in Ark
In order to breed with your tamed animals, you need to “mate” them. This can be done by:
– Wearing a male and female set of sunglasses (unless the creature is a Pegomastax)
– Hand feeding the creature its preferred food; this will make it easier for mating and reduces the chance of killing the creature
– Standing on top of it and removing any saddle. You can then mate with them as you would with a female under normal circumstances
– Using Narcotics to force the creature to be your sex slave (this will not affect your tamed status, so don’t worry about it!)
The benefits of breeding
– Keep your tribe alive and thriving by breeding animals.
– Produce new resources through breeding.
– Gain an edge over other tribes by having a larger population.
– Watch your creatures grow and thrive under your care.
– Witness the miracle of life being born.
Why you should breed your animals
To keep your tribe alive and thriving, you need to make sure you have a robust population. And the key to a healthy population is breeding. This means you should take good care of your tames so they can produce many offspring!
Tips for successful breeding
Here are a few tips for successful breeding in Ark:
– Make sure you have a breeding pen to mate your animals in.
– Place two compatible creatures in the breeding pen and they will automatically start breeding.
– Mate your animals regularly to keep the population numbers up.
– Be sure to feed and care for your animals so they can produce healthy offspring.
– Remember that you can breed with any two creatures, regardless of their species.
Breeding is a key component of Ark. Without any breeding, tamed dinos will not reproduce and population numbers will dwindle to nothing over time. This will affect everything from resource gathering to defense against other tribes. With some simple steps, like building a breeding pen or mating two creatures together in Ark, you can produce new resources through reproduction of animals or have an edge over other tribes by having more people on your team. Understanding how breeding works in Ark will help you keep your tribe alive and thriving!